12 August 2013

Phillie Phanatic and Phillies Fans

Last Tuesday, we went to a Phillies game.  I have never been to a pro baseball game (is that what I call it? a pro baseball game?) because a) I have never really had the chance and b) I don't love baseball (should I admit b when I am blogging about a pro baseball game?).  

Well, I love pro baseball games.  Tyler had the chance to get tickets through work and we didn't regret it!  The stadium was fantastic.  We especially loved the red brick that made up most of the stadium.  Our seats were great.  As you can see, a fantastic view of the field aaand the Philadelphia skyline. 

The field
The Philadelphia skyline
 The food was delicious.  One of my favorite things is to eat the typical food of a certain place-Ty calls it my 'iconic food hobby'-and tonight was no exception.  I ate a Philly cheesesteak at a Phillies game in Philly.  I mean, how good can it get!?!
Me and my iconic food hobby.   Ty joined in with his hot dog and fries.
The Hannah was a sport.  She loved the people and the stadium.  She got a bit stressed after the Phillies first home run hit and the subsequent eruption from the crowd, but with the attention from our surrounding seatmates she calmed right down.
Back for more! Hannah showcases the Phillies game.
One thing I didn't love, though, and that was the Phillies mascot.  I know I am in the minority on this (Wikipedia claims he is, and I quote, "one of the best ballpark mascots") but I can't pretend that I loved Phillie Phanatic.  Ty loved him.  Hannah loooved him (everytime he came on the big screen she would point to him and smile).  Bri didn't love him.  I just don't know why.  It may be his odd nose/mouth/tongue thing or how he inappropriately bounces his bulging belly, but he and I just didn't hit it off.
Are you a Phan? Tell me honestly...
Maybe I'll just have to attend more Phillies games to get to know him better, I don't know.  It was a great night though.  For a girl who doesn't, well, love baseball, I would go to another Phillies game in a heartbeat.

Ty and Han havin' fun. Go Phillies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment