03 April 2014

When Grandma and Grandpa Kelley came to visit

We recently returned from the most wonderful weekend with Ty's parents.  They flew into Philly late, late last Thursday and left Monday night.  What happened in between?  Tons of fun, I can assure you.

Friday, Hannah and I picked them up from their hotel and then spent the day in Philly doing Philly things--Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Reading Terminal Market and Benjamin Franklin's grave.  Hannah even threw a few pennies on there.  We threw Grandpa a little birthday party when we got home and had some delicious tilapia and Mississippi Mud Pie.  It was delicious fun.

Saturday was cold, wet and rainy.  So we went bowling.  We also went to our favorite taco shack (here I would insert a million hearts if I could).  We continued our good eating that evening at Iron Hill Brewery.

Sunday, we went to church.  Then we drove in the snow (yes, folks, snow) to Gettysburg, PA.  Because it was so bitter cold, we only did the visitor's center and a bit of the driving tour.  And ice cream.
Surviving the cold in Gettysburg


Monday.  We visited more of Gettysburg, then drove to Hershey, PA.  The sweetest place on earth.  This is because they pump artificial chocolate smell everywhere.  It was fun, though!  Hannah looooved the cheesy free tour ride, and we all enjoyed the trolley tour we took.  I had no idea Milton Hershey was so generous; he donated his fortune to a trust he set up to fully fund a K-12 private school for underprivileged youth.  Makes me feel better every time I eat a Reeses...  Our last stop was supper in Amish country.  Grandpa bought Hannah some chimes that she now rings multiple times each day :).  We had such a wonderful time, and we were so sad to say goodbye.  Each visit confirms that we are just too stinkin' far from family.  My only consolation is that we sent them on to more family in Boston.  Happy travels, Ma and Pa!!!
Visiting the battlefields of Gettysburg
Hershey, PA.  Chocolate is awesome!

2 comments:

  1. My heart aches for that Hannah...and for some chocolate! SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun visiting you guys! We comment on that cute little Hannah everyday day. She is so smart and the entertainment is amazing! Grandma Kelley

    ReplyDelete