27 April 2014

When Mom and Chloe Came to Visit

Hello family and friends!  Can I just say-life is good!  We just spent the most wonderful two weeks with visitors and warm weather; my tulips are blooming, our family is happy, and life couldn't be more beautiful.  Hopefully I can catch you up on all the action in the next few posts :).
 The first visitors we had were my mom and my sister Chloe.  We picked them up fresh and tan from a Caribbean cruise ship and spent a wonderful long weekend with them.  It was so nice to visit and experience Baltimore, Delaware and Pennsylvania in the spring.  Our first stop was Fort McHenry in Baltimore, made famous by Francis Scott Key's poetic rendition of a strategic battle that took place there during the War of 1812.
Checking out the big guns
Sea breeze, cells, and cherry blossoms
Hannah with her Aunt Chloe
We also had a fantastic lunch in Baltimore at a tavern and then ran into a Pirate festival!!!
From top left clockwise: Steering the pirate ship, with some buccaneers, meat for privateers, pirate musicians (who knew there was a market?), flying the flag.
Because of my mom's love for flowers and gardens, I also took them to visit Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania.  Both my mom and Chloe loved them!  Who doesn't love Longwood in the spring? (or summer, or fall...)
Enjoying the gardens







Chloe being beautiful


We also got some tennis in and did my favorite taco place and ice cream shop.  Hannah loved Grama Trina and Chloe and I only let them leave because I know we'll be seeing them again in a few short weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Man does Chloe get stopped a lot because people think she's someone famous!! She is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm glad that Hannah loves smiling just like all of you Harlans!! She is getting so big and you look gorgeous also!!

    ReplyDelete