19 July 2013

Amish Country

*Disclaimer: We have had quite the happenin' summer so far and I am using that as my excuse for not blogging in so long!  However, now that our major vacations here and there are done for a while, expect daily to weekly updates on what's been happenin'!*

Amish Country.  And yes, I did take this from the car!
Ever since we have moved here to Delaware I have been allured by Amish Country. I ate a divine doughnut made by the Amish at our farmer's market.  A missionary mentioned seeing buggies driving down the street in Amish country.  These two things, along with other descriptions and enticements, convinced me that we needed to visit Amish country before we moved away.  So, on a free weekend before the 4th of July, Tyler, Baby Hannah and I got in our little car and drove to Amish country.

Ty and Hannah watching the buggies go by
It did not disappoint!  The surrounding farmhouses and farmland are beautifully kept.  The rolling hills are a lush green.  We visited markets and furniture houses in little towns like Bird-in-Hand and fell in love.  We will definitely be back to purchase a nice piece of furniture and experience Amish country again.  Seriously, we loved it.
We love Amish Country!

1 comment: