08 May 2013

Philadelphia Lovin'

So Ty and I went to Philly last Saturday.  I was pretty excited, but it was kind of a reserved excited because I just didn't know what would be in store for us.  Ty was ho-hum excited.  I planned our little outing, we headed out at 9:30 a.m., got to Philly and...LOVED IT.  Seriously.  Such a fun city!  We did some tourist things, like drive around looking for a parking garage (found one!), visit the Liberty Bell, and tour Independence Hall.  We had a late lunch at Reading Terminal Market, a place of incredible food.  We couldn't decide on what to get so I got this amazing burrito and Tyler got this delicious spicy sausage sandwich and we split.  It was ohsogood, like an 'I would eat this until I had heartburn'-type good.  Poor Hannah only had rice crackers and bananas to eat.  Then we got this incredible ice cream for dessert.  My flavor was called Gadzooks; I decided that one must get an ice cream if it has a name like that and if it is double chocolate ice cream crammed with peanut butter brownies, fudge, and caramel.  We will definitely be dining there again, and soon.  We finished the day up at the National Constitution Center; the tagline for this museum may turn you off ("The world's only museum dedicated to the U.S. Constitution"), but we were actually pretty impressed by the numerous interactive exhibits and information.  It also didn't hurt that we got free admission thanks to the Bank of America's 'museums on us' program.  In the end it was Hannah who got tired and wanted to leave first, so we saluted goodbye to the world's only museum dedicated to the U.S. Constitution and drove home.  We felt like we left so many things left undone in that beautiful city of brick, narrow streets and fun and we will surely return soon to continue our adventures.
Clap for Liberty, Hannah!  Hannah and I at the Liberty Bell.
Daddy and Hannah at the place where America began-Independence Hall.
Thanks to the t.v. show John Adams, we felt like we knew this room quite well.  They did a good job writing the Constitution in here.
Us in front of the birthplace of America-Independence Hall.

 I wish we had a picture of our food.  We ate it too fast.  You will simply have to use your imaginations.

Until next time! xoxo



1 comment:

  1. So cool! I have always wanted to visit Philly. Funny thing is, if I saw a sign that said "The world's only museum dedicated to the U.S. Constitution" it would probably make me want to visit it even more!

    ReplyDelete