21 May 2013

A Day in Old New Castle

This Saturday was a solo Saturday for Ty and me.  Tyler had a 50-mile bike ride with the scouts, so while he was gone getting a sore bum Hannah and I spent the day having a good time.*

First Stop: GARAGE SALES.  My love for garage sales continues.  I seriously find the best things!!!  This time I found a fancy umbrella stroller (yes, I know this sounds like an oxymoron but it is NOT!  Umbrella strollers can get pricey fast if you are looking for one that is going to last).  I bought it for $10 and it's selling for $150 online.  Oh yeah!!!  I am pretty darn pleased with this find.  I also found some new shirts for me and some cute clothes for Hannah, as well as What to Expect the First Year and a couple of pieces of glassware.  But believe it or not, I soon got garage sale-d out and had to head home.  But boy do I love good garage sales.

Second Stop: Home for food and naptime.

Third Stop: Old New Castle.  This may also sound like an oxymoron, yet this is what they insist on calling a beautiful little town on the Delaware.  This area is full of restored colonial homes and beautiful gardens.  They were having a home and garden tour of various homes in the town so I said yes, please and went.  It was awesome.  First, I got a free ticket because I showed up so late (Hannah slept a while).  Second, I got to wander through cobbled streets and into these magical gardens.  It's the oldest continuous home and garden show in the U.S., according to the brochure. The homes and gardens are privately owned but various homeowners open up their first floor to the public once a year.  They were so beautiful!!!  The homeowners I met were also very kind and I got some great decorating ideas and dream home ideas.  I was only sad that Tyler couldn't share in on the fun.  And trust me, it was fun!
Some of my dreams for a home. Butcher block table, I will find you some day!
Wall along an alleyway that originally led to the docks


*Not to worry, Ty also had a good time on his bike ride.  He survived and he also discovered the beauty of New Jersey.  We'll be visiting parts of his ride next weekend because he loved the area so much.

Also, because Hannah and I were solo the whole day, no pictures of us were taken.  Just scenery shots...sorry!


No comments:

Post a Comment