Good news! The weather has been, is, and will be in the 70s and 80s here in Delaware City this week. I wore shorts today to celebrate and didn't even get cold. Bad news? Well, the bugs are literally coming out of the woodwork. Luckily they are harmless pill bugs, but still. Who wants to live on top of a big pile of pill bugs? Maybe they'll abate. Also my neighbor informed me that the bites the mosquitoes will give Hannah will look like cigarette butt burns. Great.
Enough of Delaware City news. Let me tell you about the wonderful visit we had with the Kelley family this past weekend!!! We met Grandma and Grandpa Kelley and Nate in Washington D.C. on Thursday. We ate at Famous Luigi's (yes, Hannah is chewing on an onion in this picture; she likes them!)...
...then walked around the Mall looking at the monuments. We saw the Jefferson Memorial, FDR's memorial, and MLK's memorial.
The next day we visited the National Air and Space Museum. You may think that I made that picture of Hannah and me in front of the Wright brothers' glider all old and cool because that is the Wright brothers' ACTUAL glider, but I actually made it all old and cool due to the insane bags under my eyes because Hannah didn't sleep the night before. Like at ALL. She was too excited about her grandparents, I guess.
We took the Kelleys around Delaware, including Winterthur and a BBQ at our nearby state park, and had an absolutely fantastic time visiting with them. We were so sad to see them go! And I think they were sad to leave us, in spite of all the bugs. We love you Kelley family! We're so happy to reunite in June.
![]() |
| Hannah (not really) enjoying Winterthur's March Bank |
![]() |
| Our cutest little pill bug |







Those pictures are so adorable! What a fun couple of days. I'm sorry about the bugs, it reminds me of my days in Cambodia....I swear we had ant hills underneath our countertops :) That last picture of hannah lu is so cute, I can't believe she's already using those fine motor skills to use silverware, hooray! You guys are such great parents
ReplyDeletelove you!