01 April 2013

Happy Easter!



Spring is closer and closer to Delaware; I can feel it in the air and see it in the buds that begin to form on the trees.  I think it is very significant that Easter is in the spring, when the dead of winter is overcome by new life and birth.  I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and the sacrifice He made so that I can overcome death and imperfection.  I'm grateful for a chance to have a new season, each and every day of my life.  What a glorious and immense gift He has given us!

We celebrated Easter at home.  Tyler and I have been planning our Easter feast for quite some time now, and we were excited when our friends the Carlsons accepted to come to our feast.  Tyler was in charge of the ham and did an excellent job cooking and carving it.  My new potatoes recipe turned out, and I had a good ol' time setting the table all spring-like.  We had a great feast and a great time with our friends!  Happy Easter and Happy Spring!


Enjoying our Easter Feast.
Hannah was taking a late Easter nap (woohoo!) so isn't in the picture (sad)

The Big Ham Himself

1 comment:

  1. Baha! I laughed out loud when you said "The Big Ham Himself." Your Easter feast looks wonderful! I love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete