There are times in my life when I have been on a vacation and I ask myself, "Could I please just live like this forever?" Of course, then I have to remind myself that I'm having a baby in two months and have to get home for that and Tyler still has his job that he needs to go back to and everyone else has their lives to return to...
but for a week-long, wistful moment I just wished we could have stayed on that vacation forever.
We didn't stay. We're back now. We had a wonderful time, though, and I catch myself wishing for that cooler weather, the loss of cell phone service (sorry, mom!), the quiet, the tennis court down the street, and loving, capable family members there to love and entertain my child. Sometimes I just don't cut it!
We had a great time. After a long drive (made longer by the fact that we were at a literal stand-still for one hour...seriously, everyone just turned their cars off and played on the freeway. pics to prove it below) we made it to the cabin in the woods in Monterey, Massachusetts.
 |
| The worst traffic ever |
 |
| So we busted out the beach ball and played on the new road nearby |
This little town is nestled in the heart of what is known as the Berkshires, Massachusetts. Though the mountain range and ski runs are a bit debatable in my snobby Utah opinion, it is a beautiful, green, cool, and quiet area that we absolutely loved.
Here are some of our trip highlights in pictures:
 |
| Our lakeside hike in one of the state parks |
 |
| We swam and boated on a beautiful little lake one morning |
 |
| And Hannah drove for a little bit |
 |
| We visited a little goat farm |
 |
| We had a little birthday celebration with popsicles |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa Kelley threw the girls a Zoo Party while we went out on a date. We almost stayed though, the zoo party looked so fun! Our date was fun too, just not as picture worthy :) |
 |
| We watched or went swimming and rope swinging |
 |
| We visited a shaker village |
 |
| Hannah got a new baby whom she christened Baby Callie. We're getting overwhelmed! |
There you have it, folks! A brief glimpse into a blissful week. I loved the Berkshires and the company even more. I hope to see family again soon!
I miss the Berkshires too! I miss seeing Hannah take care of Baby Callie (or Addie?) singing in the backseat, our fun day at the Shaker Village, the boat ride and our awesome picnics. Can't wait for next summer when two more little pumpkins can join us! We love you! Amazing job on the blog. Love, Mom
ReplyDelete