11 December 2013

Thanksgiving in Boston

Top Clockwise: Kris and her adorable fruit turkey creation, Ty carving the bird, pumpkin cheesecake, homemade green bean casserole, yams
Thanks to my amazing sister-in-law, I got the photos!  Feast your eyes, because you can't actually feast on the feast we feasted on :).  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Boston with the Cutlers.  Highlights included:

  • Coloring with Hailey
  • Seeing the lights at Feneuil Hall
  • Yahtzee!
  • Pies
  • Learning how to bake rolls and other tasty dishes from Kris-master chef
  • Tyler's tests of skill for Hailey
Also, I baked a pie all by myself this year, crust and all.  I was pretty pleased how it turned out. An apple blueberry pie, it was. Unfortunately, it leaked all over our seat on the drive up.  Thank goodness it was delicious, because it would have been the worst to ruin a car seat for a gross pie.  Kris made a pumpkin cheesecake that I have been craving for about 2 years (I still haven't gotten the courage to make a cheesecake yet) and between the two we were all in pie heaven.
My Pie
Hailey's dream was for everyone to color with her while we were there, and color we did!  It was so fun to spend time with Hailey.  I know she was a bit of a stinker going to bed one night, but I sure enjoyed snuggling with her while watching Monster's University together!
Uncle Ty coloring with Hailey and Rachel
Thanksgiving with family is the best, hand's down.  I worried that Tyler and I would be on our own this Thanksgiving, so when Mark and Kris invited us up my heart jumped for joy!  Spending time with Mark and Kris was just what I needed, and I'm so grateful that they opened up their home to us this Thanksgiving.  It was a Thanksgiving to remember. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment