16 December 2013

A Christmas Season in Delaware


I have been listening to Christmas music nonstop since Thanksgiving (we have 7 different Christmas stations on Pandora) and our lights have been up for over one month.  We have watched A Muppet Christmas Carol and It's a Wonderful Life and began making Christmas cookies last Saturday.  We have attended Christmas parties and received Christmas wishes in the mail.  Tyler even made us gourmet hot chocolate.  I am in Christmas mode!   


We have also found some noteworthy Christmas activities around Delaware.  Two weekends ago, we toured historic houses and shopped at a craft bazaar at Christmas in Odessa.  Last weekend, we visited historic Old New Castle and got to see even more historic homes decked out for the holidays.  Christmas in Old New Castle was definitely our favorite.  The homes we toured were amazing; we were amazed at the time and effort various homeowners put into these beautiful old homes and were grateful for their generosity in letting us glimpse their efforts!  Though every home was incredible, our favorite was the mansion.  The inside was elaborately decorated in the Gothic and Victorian style of the 1820s and 1870s.  I loved it. 


I love this season and all of the wonderful activities, memories, and feelings that come with it.  It is a special time of year that makes us a little more giving, a little more loving, and a little closer to Christ.  Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment