27 September 2013

Where Have I Been?

Ohkay, I have been a MASSIVE blog-slacker lately. I am sorry.  "Where have you been?" You may ask.  Well...I could make excuses!

#1: Having a lovely weekend visit with the best sister-in-law a girl could ask for.  Mark, Kris and their darling girls made the looooong drive from Boston to visit us over the weekend a few weeks back.  It was absolutely wonderful! We celebrated some birthdays (I think pretty much every girl got a birthday present), ate cake, rowed on Lum's pond, watched a stellar tennis match Mark v. Ty (Ty will be avenged one day :), bbqed in the park, and Bruester's ice cream (love).  It was so wonderful to have them here!  Now I just have two wishes: we see them again soon and we live very near to them one day.

Hailey was sooooo excited for the chocolate cake :)
Dad, Hailey and Hailey's 'strawberry icecream smile'
#2: I get this awful cold and lie on the couch while Hannah wreaks destruction.  No pictures of me mess-of-a-house and I'm glad I'm pretty much over that obnoxious illness!

#3: I plan our ward primary program.  It's my first, so I'm way nervous about it.  But the kids I work with are awesome and I think they'll just shine when they sing and share their testimonies October 20th.  Now, all we have to do is survive our 'dress rehearsals' :).

#4: I turn 27. "27?!?!?! Yikes, Bri, that's old." That's probably what you are saying.  Heck, it's what I said all week leading up to the event.  There's no denying it...30 just around the corner. I'm O-L-D.  Oh, well.  Tyler and all of my awesome family made it way special.  Ty made me birthday breakfast: raisin bread french toast with a candle on top, you all showered me with gifts and love and birthday wishes, and you are all just the best!!!  It was a great birthday--thanks so much for remembering me!

My greatest present: a Canon Rebel T3i. Am I excited or what.  I'm just learning all about photography and it's so fun!  So now you can see all my awesome attempts at photography :).

#5: Hannah explores Delaware's playgrounds.  She loves playgrounds and thanks to her cousin Rachel showing her how it's done, is now an excellent climb-up-and-go-down-the-slider.  She loves slides.  And swings. And being outdoors in general.  So that's where I'll leave you, with some of my Canon Rebel pics of Hannah enjoying parks.  Love you all!
Hannah does love slides. This one was a little steeper than she's used to though. My good friend Renee is helping her out :)
Hannah loves grass...
...And leaves
...And little bits of trash :(








2 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! That's so awesome to get such a nice camera! Is Hannah walking or are those just standing pictures? She is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohkay...those pictures of Hannah on the swing are adorable. Your pictures look amazing! Let's Skype one day and talk about all of the neat things we are learning about our new cameras. Your pictures look so profesh :) I'm jealous you have an adorable little girl to take pictures of, they all look so good. I love you! Lets chat soon.

    ReplyDelete