Can I just tell you how happy I am that February is almost over and we're moving on to March? I'll tell you why. I consider March a spring month. So I see us moving from winter to spring in a few short days. I do hope March doesn't disappoint! While biding my time for good weather, I finally put together my "Family Wall," pictures of our families that I can show to an inquisitive Hannah. I did so thanks to my Home Goods Christmas presents (I love that place) and am happy with the results!
I've also been making homemade baby food for Hannah. It's been way fun! I was a bit discouraged the first time I tried because I ended up throwing out the carrots that had boiled dry and not even pureed (in my mind I was like, "they said this would be easy! it's not easy!") But try try again and after watching an online tutorial (yes, I watched an online tutorial on how to boil and then puree food) I have successfully made Hannah some apples and some yams. She love loves the yams! Girl after my own heart. Anyways, she's taking solids like a champ and is sitting up very well on her own. She can even do a little sitting-up-to-falling-over-onto-her-tummy trick when she wants. She's a doll and hopefully I can take some video of her soon to show all of you. In the meantime, I give you Hannah and food. Happy Wednesday!
| And now I think I'll try the camera... |
| Yams=a girl after mommy's own heart, Dr. Pepper=a girl after daddy's (don't worry, she didn't consume any!) |

Bri -- I'm glad things are going well for you. You should get the book "Wholesome Baby Food Guide" - or see if you can get from your library. There are step by step instructions on how to cook baby food, and she has a website too with tons of information. She even breaks down the food by age group, and when the babies are older suggest family meals that you can cook for everyone. I found it super helpful when I started making baby food for Kate and you don't need any fancy tools or anything. I'd say you could borrow my copy - but you are too far away :(.
ReplyDeleteLove, E
The Wholesome Baby Food Guide: Over 150 Easy, Delicious, and Healthy Recipes from Purees to Solids [Paperback]
http://www.amazon.com/Wholesome-Baby-Food-Guide-Delicious/dp/044658410X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361997115&sr=1-1&keywords=wholesome+baby+food
E, thanks so much!!! I am most definitely going to get this book at the library. So helpful and good! Thank you. Also, aren't you having a baby soon??? I hope all is oing well! xoxo
DeleteI love it! I like the picture where she is looking up so confusedly-cutely!
ReplyDelete