21 September 2014

Happy Birthday, Johnny Appleseed

Hello All!  So I have this dreadful fear that once baby #2 arrives I won't get out much, first because she will be so little and I'll be so tired and then because it will be winter where sickness reigns supreme and I do not want a little with sickness.

In order to combat this dread fear I keep finding things for us to do.  Weekdays, weekends, boring, exciting, we're doing them all.  Poor Hannah is probably done with shopping (in her prayers, she keeps saying, "and thank you we're not shopping") and poor Ty is probably done with our hard-earned dough not rising near enough :).  Oh well. The madness will hopefully end soon.  October 1st seems just around the corner and a part of me really wants Baby to be a little early!  Another part, though, thinks she'll be late and that it would be nice to have an October baby.  We shall see!

This long intro was just a segue into what we did yesterday: we went to a family fall festival at a place called Millburn Orchards and had a blast.  The weather was beautiful, the activities were way fun, and it really wasn't all that crowded!  We did a hay ride (oh how the pregnant woman needed a port-a-john after that), went through a hay maze (after a little while of running around Hannah ran up to me and said, "Hold me!  There's too much grass!" haha), saw some animals, and had the most amaaaaazing apple cider donuts (so amazing that I think I'll go back and buy more.  Like, this week).  It was a fun family outing!

The Hay Ride
Hannah was not in the mood for picture-posing, so here's a collage of bad pictures of her :).  Hey, she had fun!

Ty in the pumpkin house 
They gave out free apples and apple spice cake in honor of Johnny Appleseed's birthday. Happy Birthday, Johnny! 
And because we love owls :)
There you have it, folks!  A fun-filled Saturday.  Festivities continue this week as I go shopping some more and Ty and I celebrate our 4 year anniversary. Four years!  I'm feeling really pretty good and am excited to have our family be four soon too :).  Maybe the next blog will be about the new baby?  one can only hope :).  Well, if you don't hear from me for a while, you know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment