26 August 2014

Hannah turned 2!

Birthdays are fun with kids, and I hyped up Hannah's birthday so much that the whole day it was her actual birthday, she said to me no less than 20 times, "Mommy, my birthday's coming up."  I had to tell her that it actually was here!  She was two!  Sprinkles with waffles actually isn't a daily occurrence at our house!  She had a great day.  She woke up sad, but me going in to get her with some balloons and a little birthday crown did wonders.  And she loooved the decorations ("Mommy! So pretty! My birthday's coming up!").
Birthday Breakfasts are the Best!
We had a birthday breakfast (she chose waffles) and I even put candles on them for her.  We went to the post office and she had TONS of birthday cards waiting for her!  She was thrilled and opened them all up.  When she opened up Grandma Barbara's and Grammy and Grandpa's, she said, "Look! George Washington!"  Pretty excited for her money :).  She wanted to go swimming so we went swimming at the Y and Daddy met us for lunch.  She didn't take a birthday nap, though. I think she was too excited.  So Tyler and I finally got her from her bed and opened some presents.  Her big present from us was a bike.  She doesn't quite have the hang of pedaling yet, but she likes rolling down the driveway :).
Rollin' with Style
A bright sun :)
We then had her favorite dinner (mac and cheese).  She stopped eating it when she heard there was cake though.  So...let her eat cake!  When I asked her what kind she wanted, she said "Chocolate mint."  Ty whipped up a delicious mint chocolate chip ice cream cake with oreo crust and it was one of the best birthday cakes I've had in a long long time.  So good.  Hannah thought so too.
We ended the birthday celebrations by skyping with her grandparents and opening her presents from them.  She loved them.  So much so that we had a hard time getting her to leave them and go to bed :).

Thanks so much for making her birthday special with us, even though you guys are far!  She definitely felt the love.  Now, every time someone calls on the phone she asks, "Are they going to sing happy birthday to me?"
Picture for her birthday invite.  I don't think I will ever get her to pose this well again.
On Saturday we had a little party with our friends.  Her friend Christian has a birthday 8 days after her, so we did a little combined party with a ball theme.  And, believe it or not, we had a ball! (Though Ty said that was the wildest birthday he had ever been to and was a bit much for him, heh heh heh).  
 
Our ball-themed food :)
The birthday kids getting ready to blow... 

No comments:

Post a Comment