03 February 2014

Because I haven't posted in a whilez...

I know I know.  I am so sorry!  Maybe I'm still in cruise-mode, maybe it's because we've been attacked by what the weathermen are (seriously) calling Chiller Vortices (yes, you read right.  We have had Chiller Vortex after Chiller Vortex.)  So we have been living through what sounds like Batman's arch-nemesis but is in actuality Briana's arch-nemesis because it means: 1) Hannah and I get stuck in the house 2) We freeze 3) I don't take pictures because we don't do much in the house where I want to whip out the camera....

I think you get the picture!  It's been cold cold cold here!  However, we have done a few things in order to combat the dreary winter blues:

  • We joined the YMCA.  I get to do fun classes and work-out while Hannah plays with kids in their childcare place.  I love it.  Hannah hates it.
  • We joined library time in Bear, DE.  Once a week we go and hear a story, sing songs, and play with toys.  This one, Hannah loves.
  • We launched organization projects throughout the house.  We are in the middle of hanging shelves in our back room and painting/setting up a second shelving unit in the kitchen.  We're excited to have more storage space!  I'll post pictures of the finished projects.
  • I re-started a book group.  We had a great turnout and I'm really excited for our booklist this year, and for making good friendships better!
  • I'm working on starting my own editing from home business.  It's almost ready to launch and I'm excited to do something from home :).
  • We're teaching Hannah the ABCs.  Actually, she mostly just walks around the house saying "W. W. W."  She loves the letter W.  And wheels on the bus.
Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know that we haven't completely frozen and are still enjoying our time here on the east coast!  Hope you all are doing well!

Because a blogpost wouldn't be complete without this cutie :).  She's getting so big!  This darling dress was made by my incredible friend Jennifer.

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! She is getting so big I can't believe it, she almost looks like a teenager. I'm completely drooling over that dress, and I'm proud to see Hannah leaving on a headband long enough for you to get a picture! Love you, can't wait to see you. 7 dayzzzz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you! Send me the book list! And I am excited to hear about your editing businesssss! We need to talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you bri!!!! I would love to hear about your business! Call me sometime when you aren't too busy, woman!! Love yall :)

    ReplyDelete