Ty and I love Utah and we were so happy to have an excuse to return to our roots. Let's be honest, though. We came for family. We miss miss miss our family so very much and we had such a wonderful time seeing everyone-the Bennions, the Cutlers, the Harlans, the Kelleys, the Zolmans.
The most relaxing time of the trip (the calm before the mission, in Nate's case) was at Jordanelle. The Kelleys rented an amazing condo a few minutes away from the reservoir and we had a fantastic time boating, playing Acquire, having banana splits outside and shopping at the outlets (well, shopping was girls-only). I absolutely loved seeing Hannah interact with her cousins. I have to say "interact" because she's not quite at the "playing with" level, but the first time she saw Rachel, who was sad and weary from so much travel, she crawled right up to her and gave her a maul-hug. It was so darn cute. True, Hannah was a bit sensitive of all the noise (blast that scary ice chest), but all in all she had a great time with her cousins. Kristen and I are now plotting all sorts of ways to get us closer to one another.
 |
| Mark and Kris took the best pics of the cousins on these little chairs! I only have a few of them though...hence the reason Hailey and Rachel aren't pictured |
We also had an incredible picnic afternoon with the Harlans, complete with boating and plenty of good eating. Gotta love days with the boat!
 |
| The Harlan clan, minus Chloe who was flying home from Costa Rica |
 |
| Camille definitely stole the show boating. After doing a front flip into the FREEZING, ABSOLUTELY FRIGID water, she stayed out the longest wakeboarding and kneeboarding. |
 |
| My babe, steering us true. |
 |
| Auntie Em got Hannah to go right to sleep, which was no small feat on this trip! |
it was so good to see you guys! DJ and I had such a fun time with you.
ReplyDeletexoxo