10 December 2014

A Little Kelley Thanksgiving

We had our first Thanksgiving this year without extended family.  It was definitely weird and a little sad not to be with family (this hasn't happened since the mission!) but we had such a nice, relaxing break.  It was so nice to have Tyler alllll day for four days straight! YAH! At the end of it, though, I think he was just a little ready to go back to work :).  But I loved it!
Definitely Thankful <3
We invited a couple over from our Ward--the Hosmans.  They are absolutely awesome and we had a wonderful time.  Our menu was far from conventional:

Honey Ham
Mac N Cheese with Brussel Sprouts
Green Salad
Sweet Potatoes
Rolls
Cheese Plate
Apple Blueberry Pie

It was delicious and the mounds of leftovers we feared simply didn't exist; we ate too much (both of which made me a little sad...).  We spent the afternoon playing games and talking with Bekah and Herb and it turned out to be such a great Thanksgiving!
The Brussel Sprouts Mac N Cheese was definitely the take-home fave (bottom right), especially when it's served in fancy pottery
On Friday we went to a Home Depot Kids Workshop where Hannah constructed a piggy bank and got to see Santa.  We also ate at a delicious Chinese buffet and did plenty of Christmas shopping (Ikea, anyone?).

Our weekend was extended a bit because Grandpa Kelley and Grandma Barbara flew in Sunday night to stay with us.  Tyler had to work Monday, but Hannah, Addy and I got to play with Grandpa and Grandma B.  We went to the zoo and out to ice cream.  That night we went to a restaurant on Newark Main and then said goodbye.  I'm so glad I'll be seeing them in two short weeks...otherwise I couldn't have said goodbye that easy!  Let me just say, I am so excited for Christmas :).

Hannah thought the goats were "too stinky." She pet them, but didn't stop holding her nose the entire time she was in there
Hannah and Grandma Barbara
Hannah and Grandpa Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment