06 September 2012

More Baby Hannah Lovin

We have officially moved to Delaware hoorah!  And now that I (Briana) am feeling more like my old self and before the next wave of busy-ness begins with moving into our little rented house, I can blog!

And I will be dedicating this blog post to our new wonder in our lives

Hannah Lorah Kelley

who is now 17 1/2 days old and enjoying life here (I think.  Anyways, I like to imagine so.)

As Ty blogged earlier, baby Hannah was born August 20th at 3:37 a.m.  And for those of you who didn't read my sister Hailey Joy's blog post on the event, I'm more than happy to write about how it all went down :).

How It All Went Down:
As Hannah's due date of August 14th came and went, I became more and more apprehensive about labor and delivery because 1) I was very desirous to go natural, 2) I was nervous about being induced, which seemed more and more likely the further we were from August 14, and 3) we had quite a few events planned after her birth that required her and me to be in good shape (sister's wedding, her blessing, us flying across the country to name a few).  

Thursday, August 16 I met with my doctor and we talked about my options.  If baby Hannah didn't show by the following Monday, I would need to get induced.  However, I decided to get prostaglandin gel Sunday night in order to get me more ready for induction the following day.

Friday, we have a non-stress test performed and are almost induced that day (the doctor came in singing "Happy Birthday" to us).  After four hours of monitoring, however, they send us home.

Saturday, we play tennis.

Sunday morning I wake up to regular contractions!!!  Yay!!!  I was so excited.  They didn't progress too quickly but they were definitely regular.  We went to the hospital for the prostaglandin gel that afternoon hoping that it would help it along.  It definitely did.  Two hours after I got the gel I was experiencing significantly harder contractions and was no longer quite as excited :).  When we went back at 10 p.m. for my second dose of gel, I was dilated far enough that they couldn't give me that second dose and could technically admit me into the hospital.  However, since I wanted to go unmedicated, we had the option of going home for a few hours to labor and then come back.  We opted for that.
The next hours were way hard but can I just give a shout out for warm baths.  Wonderful. 

Monday, a little after 2 a.m. I'm thinking it's time to go back to the hospital.  Ty wants to know if we should go for a little walk first, but it's definitely time to get to the hospital.  He drives us safely (and quickly) there.
We get there a little before 3 a.m.  I'm dilated to a "9 + + +"  And baby Hannah arrives a little after!

Unfortunately, she had some troubles breathing so she spent the first two hours of life in NICU.  Dad Tyler stayed with her the whole time while I got taken care of, moved, etc.


Finally, I made it up to the NICU and got to hold our baby girl!!!


Visitors arrived soon after.  Here's Pappa Dave holding his first granddaughter :) and Grandma and Grandpa Kelley with their third granddaughter (the first with dark hair).


We love our Hannah Lora!!!  She is absolutely beautiful and absolutely perfect.  7 lbs. 11.8 oz. 20 inches long and just wonderfulness.  Welcome to our family, baby Hannah! We love you so!

1 comment:

  1. yay!!! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! I can' wait to meet her!! GOOD job on laboring bri!!You are AMAZING as always!!

    ReplyDelete